All of our information on sexual diversity from Islamic faith, culture, and history in one place. Best link to bookmark for all occasions.
Thank you for visiting our website. The purpose of this website is to share information on Islam and sexual diversity. The information shared on this website will be diverse and includes information from the Islamic faith, culture, history, as well as information from global standards in our modern times. This website is not meant to convert anyone to Islam, nor is it meant to discourage anyone from Islam. Instead, as previously mentioned, it is a website to inform anyone – Muslim or otherwise – about sexuality diversity in Islam.
This part of the website is, if you will, an index of important parts. You will be guided through information that is scattered throughout the website in themes. That way, you can read it in order, or out of order, and you will still gain diverse knowledge thematically.
Here we go:
- Qur’an and Homosexuality, a look at the holiest text and sexual diversity.
- Hadiths and Homosexuality, a look at the second holiest text and sexual diversity.
- Uluma and Homosexuality, a look at how Muslim scholars dealt with homosexuality throughout history.
- Openly Gay Imams, spiritual leaders who are on the forefront for the fight of LGBT Rights.
- Queer Life in Indonesia, how culture and faith interact in the largest Muslim society in the world.
- How Turkey Advanced LGBT Rights, even legalizing homosexuality before most of the West.
- How Egypt Queerizes the Arab World, through books, films, and music.
- Muslims Who Write LGBT Characters, in novels, screenplays, and even for theater.
- Queer Magazines in the Muslim World, carrying our culture forward through empowerment.
- #LoveWins Across the Muslim World, the response to the marriage equality in the United States.
- LGBT Muslims in History, chronicling the lives and times of queer people in Islamic history.
- Trans Activists in the Muslim World, who have been fighting for (and winning) rights.
- Allies in the Muslim World, and Muslim Allies in the West, who stand with the LGBT community.
- Powerful Images from Istanbul, as the LGBT citizens of Turkey and their allies took it to the streets to fight the new era of Islamism that is sweeping across their nation.
- How LGBT Muslims Stand with LGBT People Worldwide, and share pain and victories.